My travel schedule is starting to take shape. If I’m coming to your area by all means reach out and lets make plans! Always appreciate local tips and a heads up on events happening while I’m in town.
August - CALIFORNIA
- Interviewing Central Coast winemakers from Santa Barbara to Santa Cruz
- The obligatory summer concert at the Hollywood Bowl
- A few days in the desert to photograph the people of Slab City
- Hosting food & wine tasting events in Phoenix
- Dining at one of my favorite restaurants in the country (several times)
- Hosting food & wine tasting events in New Orleans
- Eating gumbo and listening to big band music at the Treme Creole Gumbo Festival
- Hosting food & wine tasting events in Miami
- Pouring Central Coast wines at the Key West Food & Wine Festival
- Getting my Enriched Air (nitrox) advanced scuba certification
- Learning to spear fish, exploring sunken ships
February-April – CALIFORNIA
- Making an unusually quick 3 week trip back across the US
- Attending World of Pinot in Santa Barbara
- Beginning production on a wine-related documentary
May – NEW YORK
- Working on my private pilots license
- Speaking at the 2014 Edible Institute
- Hosting wine tasting events in the tri-state area
- Visiting family as they come out of winter hibernation
June – CALIFORNIA
- Hosting wine tasting & film screening events in San Diego, Los Angeles and Santa Barbara County
- Continuing production of a wine-related documentary
Slab City 2013, Part 1
I spent the last week living among the residents of a little known area in the California desert along with some other transients from around the globe that are fascinated with this sub-culture reminiscent of a post apocalyptic society.
Some of the photos that I snapped for an article on White Stallion Ranch in Tucson, AZ. This place has the best of both worlds - a great horse facility with rather luxurious accommodations.
Also very cool: they get over 50% of their energy from solar panels delicately placed about the property.